Re: [LAU] Harrison Mixbus ... now available on Linux!

From: S C Rigler <riglersc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Feb 16 2011 - 18:23:59 EET

On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 8:59 PM, Brett McCoy <idragosani@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 9:53 PM, Ken Restivo <ken@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>
> >> This is very cool! I'm watching the Mixbus video, I love how they are
> >> going through everything and saying "Oh, this is something Pro Tools
> >> doesn't have" or "I'm surprised more DAWs don't do this"... and they
> >> are talking about Ardour stuff, like searching for plugin names and
> >> post-fader sends.
> >>

> > Link to the video?
>
> It's on the Harrison site (not free):
>
> https://sites.fastspring.com/harrisonconsoles/instant/mixinginmixbusrock
>
> --
> Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.electricminstrel.com

I purchased MB and the video. My only gripe so far is that indicator lights
(for compression, eq, etc) are always "white" on my screen so it's hard to
tell if they are active or not.

In the video they put a lot of emphasis on mixing in mono and he uses an AU
plugin to do that. Is there a simple way to achieve the same affect with
Ardour/MB on Linux (either via plugin or toggle switch somewhere)?

--Steve