Re: [LAU] Jack fallback to alsa when firefire device off?

From: Bernardo Barros <bernardobarros2@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Feb 17 2011 - 19:14:31 EET

2011/2/17 Daniel Worth <pipemanmusic@email-addr-hidden>:
> I'm going to have to disagree here. falktx, the guy behind KXStudio, has
> written a very useful script called pulse-jack that configures Pulseaudio
> automatically to work with Jack. I have found this to work better and
> require much less configuration than alsa-jack and allows me to use Skype
> and Google Voice Chat for my podcast. I also use Torben's Flash Jack driver
> and this setup doesn't interfere with pulseaudio or jack.

it is useful only if you really want pulseaudio, or if you really need
skype. For me alsa/jack works very nice and no I had zero work to
configure.

> The fact is that Pulseaudio is winning the widest adoption and thanks to the
> pulse-jack script Pulseaudio works very well with jack.

well, that's not a strong argument for pro audio under linux, maybe
true for desktop on ubuntu. I really see no point installing
pulseaudio at all, unless cases like yours.