Re: [LAU] Jack fallback to alsa when firefire device off?

From: Dan Capp <reflectremain@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Feb 19 2011 - 17:51:29 EET

Interesting development. I seem to have solved my original problem by simply
switching to a "low latency" kernel as opposed to the default "preempt" one.
This happened because I decided to reinstall KXStudio (no loss as I hadn't
done much with it yet) and opted to install a low latency kernel as well as
a the default preempt one. I booted to the "low latency" kernel, got audio
through my firewire, then turned it off without stopping or restarting Jack,
waiting a minute or 2, and hey presto - audio back through my onboard
soundcard. I do still need to 'force restart' jack to get it to recognise my
firewire device after I've turned it on for the first time, but at least
half the (non) problem is solved (not really much of a problem anyway).

I thought this might help someone else looking into the same issue. Either
way, thanks to everyone who offered advice.

Dan