Re: [LAU] Any LAU or known Linux artists going to be at Ultra Music Festival?

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Feb 19 2011 - 09:05:15 EET

Ken Restivo wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 09:12:59AM -1000, david wrote:
>> Jeremy Jongepier wrote:

>>> Wow, some very cool acts! I could start namedropping here which acts I'd
>>> like to see but it's in Miami so no, I won't go ;)
>> Duran Duran is an electronic music act?
>>
>>> Or did you mean if any acts use Linux? Doubt so.
>> That's what I was wondering about. I saw the "electronic music" phrase
>> and thought, "Gee, there must be a lot of Linux electronic music
>> artists."
>>

> That are as huge as Tiesto, Moby, etc?
>
> Uh, I doubt it.
>
> It's mostly just us nerds.

Not having any how many folk are on this list, or what kind of music
they do, hard to tell, yah? I figured that nerds might be more likely
found in electronic music than in, say, "Pop 40 female vocalist" music!

> (Hmm.... no BassNectar on the bill? I guess he's regional here.)

This guy? http://www.bassnectar.net/

Interesting sounds - like him much better than Duran Duran! "Falling"
and "Underwater" on his Wild Style release sounds good. I also like how
he offers WAVs of his tracks, too. I like his stuff!

--
David
gnome@email-addr-hidden