Re: [LAU] "Laid to rest is Pro Tools LE"...

From: James Stone <jamesmstone@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Feb 28 2011 - 21:35:17 EET

On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 7:14 PM, Ricardus Vincente
<wizardofgosz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-02-28 at 19:00 +0000, James Stone wrote:
>> >
>> >  Tape Op Magazine is going to do a Behind The Gear piece on Paul and
>> > Ardour, but it's going to be a bit down the road.  But I agree, making
>> > music with linux is at a pretty high level of maturity, and I think many
>> > people would use if if they knew about it.
>>
>> I was wondering if TapeOp were going to do a review of Harrison
>> Mixbus? Would seem to fit with their kind of thing..
>
>  Not sure if Mixbus will be a part of it. I contacted Larry and
> mentioned the idea of highlighting Ardour, and he told me that he had
> already been meaning to, and he was glad that I reminded him about it. I
> can't wait to see the piece. Tape Op has a lot of subscribers, and it is
> a respected magazine. I think that alone will raise awareness a lot.

The magazine has a short section of short single column reviews
towards the end, which would be ideal for highlighting mixbus, I would
have thought, whereas I would imagine they would present ardour in a
whole page interview type feature - they did a similar thing on the
propellerheads software development team recently.

James