Re: [LAU] Two QjackCtl questions: JACK autostart and shutdown

From: Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Mar 01 2011 - 00:59:31 EET

On 02/28/2011 10:27 PM, Dominic Sacré wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When I run QjackCtl with the --start parameter to automatically start
> JACK, this also ticks the corresponding checkbox in the setup dialog.
> The settings are then saved automatically, and the next time I run
> QjackCtl without --start, JACK will be started either way.
>
> I need to manually open the setup dialog and uncheck the autostart
> option again. Is this the a bug? I basically want only the command line
> to determine whether JACK is started or not.
>

> Another problem is that when I issue a shutdown from the desktop
> environment (Gnome), QjackCtl prevents the system from actually shutting
> down. It is minimized to the systray, but it does not close. On some
> systems, Gnome will also pop up a dialog box saying something along
> the lines of "the following application is preventing the system from
> shutting down...".
>
> I then need to close Qjackctl manually, or issue another shutdown
> command while it is minimized so my system will finally shut down.
>
> What's going on here? Why is QjackCtl questioning my decision to shut
> down the system? This only happens if the systray icon is enabled.

a. qjackctl --start command line option is persistent indeed. it has
been like that for so long since i can't remember why i made it--well,
no one complained, until now :)

b. qjackctl kindly refuses to shutdown forcedly if jackd is still
running and clients are connected--to me thats a good reason but i
believe you could get away if you turn off this setup/misc/confirm
application close option.

cheers

--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela