Re: [LAU] Two QjackCtl questions: JACK autostart and shutdown

From: Rui Nuno Capela <rncbc@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 03 2011 - 18:35:21 EET

On 02/28/2011 11:25 PM, Fons Adriaensen wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 28, 2011 at 11:27:37PM +0100, Dominic Sacré wrote:
>
>> What's going on here? Why is QjackCtl questioning my decision to shut
>> down the system? This only happens if the systray icon is enabled.
>
> Qjackctl generally is more 'persistent' that you'd expect. That's
> how it is :-) Your example shows that's is going a bit over the
> top: the whole point of command line options is to override any
> stored configuration, not to define it.
>
> Rui, I'm having other problems with all recent versions:
>
> * sometimes qjackctl removes connections right after they
> have been made,
> * and sometimes it makes some of its own, and refuses to
> disconnect them.
>
> Seems that the actual connection state and qjackctl's idea
> of it get out of sync. The only remedy if that happens is
> to terminate and restart it.

not quite as fixed... but now on svn trunk (qjackctl 0.3.7.8) pressing
the connections "refresh" buttons do actually rebuild completely the
client/port lists and liaisons. caveat emptor: as a minor side-effect it
also is something like the opposite of "expand all"...

at least, you don't have to terminate and restart it anymore. just press
"refresh" :)

cheers

--
rncbc aka Rui Nuno Capela