Re: [LAU] Laid to rest is Pro Tools LE"...

From: Alexandre Prokoudine <alexandre.prokoudine@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 04 2011 - 17:30:09 EET

On 3/4/11, Renato wrote:

> Jack doesn't work out of the box on Ubuntu?

You missed the whole "RT kernel in 10.10" story? :)

> For me Ubuntu worked well for Audio except for one thing: keeping up to
> date. Many linux audio apps are changing fast

It's not just audio apps evolving fast. It's also maintainers living
in the past. I had to wait for OpenEXR update two or three years after
a major new version was out. And even now apt-cache search luxblend
returns zero results. This is why folks like KXStudio and autostatic
are our true and only saviours :)

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org