Re: [LAU] Laid to rest is Pro Tools LE"...

From: Kim Cascone <kim@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 04 2011 - 20:30:00 EET
On 03/04/2011 10:26 AM, Renato wrote:
On Fri, 04 Mar 2011 10:10:09 -0800
Kim Cascone <kim@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

On 03/04/2011 10:05 AM, Renato wrote:
What does the community gain in having such people use linux?
bringing Linux audio to a pro level instead of it remaining a
hobbyist-geek platform? just a guess

but pro level has nothing to do with user friendliness.
with all due respect, you obviously haven't worked in pro audio software
 I mean of
course we want the linux audio environment to improve, but that has
nothing to do with a pretty DE where you don't need to use the terminal
or tweak one or two .conf files
sorry but my 25 years of experience in audio bears out my statements as being true