Re: [LAU] Laid to rest is Pro Tools LE"...

From: Thomas Vecchione <seablaede@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 04 2011 - 20:30:58 EET

On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 1:26 PM, Renato <rennabh@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> but pro level has nothing to do with user friendliness. I mean of
> course we want the linux audio environment to improve, but that has
> nothing to do with a pretty DE where you don't need to use the terminal
> or tweak one or two .conf files

Actually I would disagree. Yes whether a tool can be sued for professional
projects is one thing, but the difference is in speed. These days a
professional level tool is one that allows you to accomplish your task as
quickly as possible with as few distractions as possible. This is generally
also inferred to be user friendliness, but not necessarily, it does however
mean that you shouldn't need to spend time doing extra things that could be
done for you, like configure your OS just so you can work;)

      Seablade

Who has used and continues to use Linux for professional projects.