Re: [LAU] linuxsampler as native linux vst plugin

From: linuxdsp <mike@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 05 2011 - 11:12:40 EET

Atte André Jensen wrote:
> Hi
>
> I decided it's time to try linuxsampler. I'd like to use it inside
> renoise, so I thought linux native vst is the way to go. Anyways I'm on
> arch and installed linuxsampler with pacman. It seems to at least load
> ok through jsampler. But I was expecting something linuxsampler related
> to show up in renoise, but this doesn't happen.
>
> What am I missing?

Have you any other native VSTs showing up in Renoise? You need to set
the VST_PATH environment variable to point to the location of your vst
plugins directory (I usually create $HOME/vst_plugins and put the .so
files in there, but you will need to find where linux sampler installed
itself to) and then when you start renoise you need to go to
Edit->Preferences->Plug/Misc and check the "Enable VST plugins
(configure via 'VST_PATH')" option.