Re: [LAU] linuxsampler as native linux vst plugin

From: Atte André Jensen <atte@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 05 2011 - 18:47:57 EET

On 03/05/2011 10:12 AM, linuxdsp wrote:

> Have you any other native VSTs showing up in Renoise?

Yes, they reside in ~/.vst, that seems to be the default place renoise
looks even if $VST_PATH is empty (which mine was).

> You need to set
> the VST_PATH environment variable to point to the location of your vst
> plugins directory

Ok I tried putting the path of the plugin into VST_PATH:

atte@email-addr-hidden:~$ locate linuxsampler | grep so$
/usr/lib/linuxsampler/liblinuxsampler.so
/usr/lib/lv2/linuxsampler.lv2/linuxsampler.so

atte@email-addr-hidden:~/.vst$ export VST_PATH=/usr/lib/linuxsampler/

atte@email-addr-hidden:~/.vst$ echo $VST_PATH
/usr/lib/linuxsampler/

Still nothing linuxsampler related in renoise.

> (I usually create $HOME/vst_plugins and put the .so
> files in there, but you will need to find where linux sampler installed
> itself to) and then when you start renoise you need to go to
> Edit->Preferences->Plug/Misc and check the "Enable VST plugins
> (configure via 'VST_PATH')" option.

That was checked alreade. I also tried both symlinking and copying
/usr/lib/linuxsampler/liblinuxsampler.so into ~/.vst but that didn't
work either...

What to do?

NB: Found this (1 year old) that suggests it at least wasn't possible at
that time:
http://www.renoise.com/board/index.php?/topic/23393-linuxsampler-100/

--
Atte