Re: [LAU] Troubles with ffado + jack

From: jhd 23 <jhd00023@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Mar 08 2011 - 14:52:45 EET

2011/3/8 Harry Van Haaren <harryhaaren@email-addr-hidden>

> Hi!
>
> I think your using Jack2, (aka jackdmp ).. (the "dev0_unknownX" portname
> gives it away)
> Although I have an AudioFire 12 and 2 working with it now I do recall
> having a similar problem with nothing connecting to the output ports with
> older versions of Jack2...
>
> Perhaps there is a newer version available in your software channel (
> apt-get, yum, whichever :-)

The software channel in Mandriva is urpmi =) but i have installed de last
version avaliable 1.9.5. Now Im trying to compile and install 1.9.5

> As a side note, the "Writeable client / Input Ports" pane on the right of
> your screenshot [1] are the outputs.
> They're labelled as "input ports" because the audio programs write data to
> the port, so its kinda an input in a way... :-)

The the extrange thing is that in alsa, the master output has a speaker
picture...
The problem is that jack doesn't leave me connect any progrma with the
audiofire output.
When I work with alsa and the internal sound card, all is working well.

> Hope that helped, otherwise post back ;-)

Thaks a lot about your help!

                                           J.:.