[LAU] email client problems - was: Small 'SemiLooped' acoustic drumloop library

From: Robin Gareus <robin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 14 2011 - 00:00:23 EET

Hi Alexander,

On 03/13/2011 03:46 PM, alexander wrote:

> Btw, anyone else use thunderbird as mail manager?

yes, (actually icedove - debian's unbranded thunderbird).

> because my replies
> never end up in my [lau] folder but in the "sent" folder..

You do send those emails, they certainly belog in the "sent" folder :)

But you should also receive your own posts back you yourself (they
should end up in your INBOX (and if you've configured thunderbird to do
mail-filtering: be sorted automatically to the LAU folder.)

There is an option for the mailing-list:
  "Receive your own posts to the list?"
the default is "yes", but you may have changed that.

use the "unsubscribe or edit options" button near the bottom, and verify
the options..

> also
> sometimes peoples replies start new threads even tho they should'nt why
> is this?

There's multiple reasons why this can happen. An email needs to have the
following headers to be recognized for being part of a thread: