Re: [LAU] email client problems - was: Small 'SemiLooped' acoustic drumloop library

From: david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 14 2011 - 02:41:14 EET

alexander wrote:
> On 03/14/2011 12:00 AM, Robin Gareus wrote:
>> You do send those emails, they certainly belog in the "sent" folder :)
>> But you should also receive your own posts back you yourself (they
>> should end up in your INBOX (and if you've configured thunderbird to do
>> mail-filtering: be sorted automatically to the LAU folder.)
>>
>> There is an option for the mailing-list:
>> "Receive your own posts to the list?"
>> the default is "yes", but you may have changed that.

>> use the "unsubscribe or edit options" button near the bottom, and verify
>> the options..
>>
> I've always had it enabled.. I've tried figuring this out before :P
>
> It's seems to be somekind of thunderbird "keep things tidy" magic that's
> going on.
>
> I have the messages in my gmail inbox but thunderbird doesn't download
> it cause it knows of a copy in the sent folder.. unfortunately the
> filters aren't run on the sent folder automatically..
>
> Let's see what happens now.

Hmm, I have the list sent to send me copies of my emails, I also have
Thunderbird 2.x set to keep copies of my sent emails in the Sent folder
- and have never had it refuse to download an email simply because I
already had a copy of it in my Sent folder ...

Maybe you have TB3.x? I've heard it has issues that TB2 doesn't have.

--
David
gnome@email-addr-hidden