Re: [LAU] email client problems - was: Small 'SemiLooped' acoustic drumloop library

From: alexander <axeldenstore@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 14 2011 - 11:58:45 EET

On 03/14/2011 02:41 AM, david wrote:
> alexander wrote:
>> On 03/14/2011 12:00 AM, Robin Gareus wrote:
>>> You do send those emails, they certainly belog in the "sent" folder :)
>>> But you should also receive your own posts back you yourself (they
>>> should end up in your INBOX (and if you've configured thunderbird to do
>>> mail-filtering: be sorted automatically to the LAU folder.)
>>>
>>> There is an option for the mailing-list:
>>> "Receive your own posts to the list?"
>>> the default is "yes", but you may have changed that.

>>> use the "unsubscribe or edit options" button near the bottom, and
>>> verify
>>> the options..
>>>
>> I've always had it enabled.. I've tried figuring this out before :P
>>
>> It's seems to be somekind of thunderbird "keep things tidy" magic
>> that's going on.
>>
>> I have the messages in my gmail inbox but thunderbird doesn't
>> download it cause it knows of a copy in the sent folder..
>> unfortunately the filters aren't run on the sent folder automatically..
>>
>> Let's see what happens now.
>
> Hmm, I have the list sent to send me copies of my emails, I also have
> Thunderbird 2.x set to keep copies of my sent emails in the Sent
> folder - and have never had it refuse to download an email simply
> because I already had a copy of it in my Sent folder ...
>
> Maybe you have TB3.x? I've heard it has issues that TB2 doesn't have.

Yes, I have TB3.1.9, they say gmail have similar behaviour but since I
have the message in my inbox there, and in my sent folder, it have to be
TB that's messing around.. The last message did end up in my LAU folder
but I think that's because I changed the filters to include messages
sent to the list.. wich is kind of funny because I read somewhere that
the filters aren't ran on the sent folder automatically.. Let's see now
where this message goes.