Re: [LAU] Cracks while using Audiophile 2496

From: Manu <manu@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 14 2011 - 11:22:36 EET

2011/3/14 Hartmut Noack <zettberlin@email-addr-hidden>:
> Am 14.03.2011 08:56, schrieb Cedric Roux:
>>
>> ----- "Manu"<manu@email-addr-hidden>  wrote:
>>>
>>> - I still hear the cracks while I play and in the recorded sound
>>> (example :http://manu.mindslicer.com/export.wav). These cracks are
>>
>> I hear no "cracks" in this file, are there some? or is it that you
>> hear them when you play the file?
>
> I second that, I also fail to hear any crackles or whatever noises, that I
> would considers undesirable ;-)

Maybe I should have recorded a clean guitar ;-)
But I definitely hear high pitched crackle noises (e.g at the
beginning when the guitar starts playing).

>> Anyway,
>> if you have a friend or another computer, try to plug your
>> card in it and make some tests. If you have another OS, try
>> it as well.

I'll try to find a Windows PC and check if it works.

> The ancestors of these cards (namely the Terratec EWX) had issues with
> IRQ-sharing. You may want to try some voodoo: just stick the card in a
> different PCI-Slot if available.

I'll try the voodoo ! Maybe sacrifice a goat too ;-)

>> I guess you don't hear cracks if you play audio with other
>> soundcards on the same computer (your computer has a cheap
>> one in it maybe?).

I only have one sound card. The one on the motherboard works just
fine. And the computer is not really cheap, and not that old (8
months).

Manu