Re: [LAU] Cracks while using Audiophile 2496

From: Hartmut Noack <zettberlin@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Mar 14 2011 - 10:28:47 EET

Am 14.03.2011 08:56, schrieb Cedric Roux:
> ----- "Manu"<manu@mindslicer.com> wrote:
>> - I still hear the cracks while I play and in the recorded sound
>> (example :http://manu.mindslicer.com/export.wav). These cracks are
>
> I hear no "cracks" in this file, are there some? or is it that you
> hear them when you play the file?

I second that, I also fail to hear any crackles or whatever noises, that
I would considers undesirable ;-)

> Anyway,
> if you have a friend or another computer, try to plug your
> card in it and make some tests. If you have another OS, try
> it as well.

The ancestors of these cards (namely the Terratec EWX) had issues with
IRQ-sharing. You may want to try some voodoo: just stick the card in a
different PCI-Slot if available.

Ahhhh -- yeah: you have the input levels under control? Could be the
analogue electronics on the card are not comfortable with your settings....

best of luck
HZN