Re: [LAU] Something different

From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 16 2011 - 00:49:48 EET

On Sat, Mar 12, 2011 at 11:39 AM, Folderol <folderol@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> The current KVR contest calls for a song which offers a solution to world
> problems. I didn't think I would be able to do anything at all with this. I
> mostly do instrumental work yet this theme would seem to make some form of vocal
> mandatory.
>
> However, I eventually came up with an idea that was a completely new direction
> for me. I didn't just burn the midnight oil to get it completed, but the 3am
> oil too!
>
> let me know what you think. I'm sure you are all familiar with the title :)
>
> http://www.musically.me.uk/music/Desiderata.ogg
>
> Hmm, it goes rather well with my sig.
>
> --
> Will J Godfrey

Hi Will,
   Finally got a few minutes to listen. Well worth the time. Good luck
with the contest and let us know if you win/place/show.

   I was once part of some spoken word sessions where the speaker had
speed issues like others have pointed out. What the engineer did for
that speaker was to have him read it into a test recording, then did
cuts placing the cuts in a track that was for visual cues only. The
engineer started the recording, so you'd hear your symths, and the
reader then read all the way through but watched the visual cue track
to begin, and hopefully finish, each stanza where he wanted the words
to be.

   Again, good stuff & good luck.

Cheers
Mark