Re: [LAU] New beta Renoie 2.7

From: Atte André Jensen <atte@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 19 2011 - 20:03:17 EET

On 03/19/2011 01:11 PM, rosea.grammostola wrote:

> I think he is pointing to a weak point of closed source applications,
> especially if there is a bug which is fixed by JACK experts more easy
> and better. Because of being a close source app, it's obvious that there
> is little JACK devs can do in this case if they don't provide more
> information about the problem.

I know it's a totally valid point, but I believe some people (not
torbenh) loves being able to shake off all responsibility and at same
time comming out on top as the all-good-opensource-heros with a
statement like that.

So this was not saying torbenh is this kinda guy. And it might be me,
but I feel that every time a closed source app is discussed around here,
there's always this tone of lack of respect for both the app and the
guys using them. Which is a great shame, esp considering renoise is the
most stable piece of software I ever ran and IMHO the most rounded
musical application available under linux. I would love an open source
app, but there just aren't many options (without sacrificing both
features and stability). For me it's really like I pay 40 euro and can
concentrate on what it's all about.

But again it might just be me, and this was, as I said, not really an
accuse against torbenh, I guess it was just a "drop made my cup overflow"...

Sorry for the rant :-)

--
Atte
http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk