Re: [LAU] audio latency question

From: andy baxter <andy@email-addr-hidden-online.co.uk>
Date: Sun Mar 20 2011 - 22:26:17 EET

On 20/03/11 18:38, Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:

> a drummer will get very grumpy indeed over latencies in the 10ms
> range. (i understand your use of the term to mean "time it takes for
> the sound to come out after the drummer has hit the pad").
>
> you should aim for 2ms or less, which takes considerable effort and a
> very good sound card.

P.S. I have just found out that I can use higher than standard data
rates on the arduino's hardware serial to get the data off the board,
which is where i thought the bottleneck was going to be, so I should
hopefully be able to get something like 1ms latency in this part of the
system.

( http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1235580746 )