Re: [LAU] help with guitarix settings

From: hermann <brummer-@web.de>
Date: Fri Mar 25 2011 - 21:12:40 EET

Am Freitag, den 25.03.2011, 16:56 +0000 schrieb Q:
> Jeremy Jongepier wrote:
> >
> > The pick-up of the Jackson Fusion Std (a Jackson J-85) seems to be quite
> > an ok pick-up. No way you could split the humbucker pick-up? that would
> > give you a single coil in bridge position and that might enable you to
> > get closer to May's sound. May also uses treble boosters.
> >

> According to Wikipedia (I know, I know!), the Burns Tri-Sonic pickups
> have a richer sound than normal single coils, so perhaps the 'bucker
> will be fine untapped. It didn't seem like Cedric was having any
> problems with too little treble, but yes, I've read that the uses treble
> boosters.
>
> >> Also, are you using an appropriate amp model? For May, you want a Vox
> >> AC30. I don't know anything about amps and tubes, but I don't think
> >> GX_head has the right models for the AC30's valves.
> >>

> > Guitarix/gx_head has an AC-30 gain stage.
> >
> > Best,
> >
> > Jeremy
> >

> I'd seen the AC30 gain stage mentioned, but none of the tubes listed
> seem to be appropriate for the Vox from what I can see.

The 6V6 emulation will come closest from all to the needed 6BQ5

When you use the version from SVN, there is a new extra clean tube mode
(without biquad filter) for the 6V6 and a 6V6 based postamp.
Also you will find a new 3Band EQ witch include a "sharper" based on a
compressor algo, if you have no experience with compressors, this one
will come handy for you.

Also new in SVN is that you can switch tube drive between distortion and
simple drive, and that drive/distortion slips to bypass when you set it
to zero.

And it's translated in French (by jy) thanks jy.

greats
hermann