Re: [LAU] help with guitarix settings

From: Cedric Roux <sed@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Fri Mar 25 2011 - 22:04:20 EET

----- "hermann" <brummer-@web.de> wrote:
> The 6V6 emulation will come closest from all to the needed 6BQ5
>
> When you use the version from SVN, there is a new extra clean tube
> mode
> (without biquad filter) for the 6V6 and a 6V6 based postamp.
> Also you will find a new 3Band EQ witch include a "sharper" based on
> compressor algo, if you have no experience with compressors, this one
> will come handy for you.

Okay, I tried a bit. I'm lost I guess.

I recorded: http://sed.free.fr/clear.wav.bz2
a short quick stuff, more or less in 7 times, turkish style :-).
(except at the end)

I tried to have separate notes with strong and clear attack
on each, as a start, kind of jazzy sound (I would say)

I used the two single pickups, I think that's what the
guitarist from Queen did (there was something about
phase, no?). Anyway, I can record with other pickups.

If someone has some time to play with this sample in guitarx...
(I have gx_head 0.13.0)
or to tell me that it's not the correct pickups in use.
Ah, and there is also this button on the guitar. Looking
inside the body, there is a "condensateur" (french word)
attached to it, I guess it's kind of a low-pass filter?
I turned it up (so sound with treble I think). Well, it's
an "open" sound, that's how it feels. (Hum, wait, I don't
remember if I did it open or close...)

Well, I can record different stuff too, if this one is too hard
to use (because when you dig for a sound you play this or
that sort of notes maybe).

About compressor, there is: knee, ratio, threshold, attack
and release. I understand threshold, attack and release.
What is knee? and ratio?

Cédric.