Re: [LAU] help with guitarix settings

From: Cedric Roux <sed@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Mar 26 2011 - 00:53:56 EET

----- "Q" <lists@quirq.ukfsn.org> wrote:
> Reading a bit more, May's guitar has "phase switches" to change the
> way
> in which the pickups are wired in relation to each other. Not
> something
> you can do quickly or without a soldering iron on most guitars.

Oh, I thought it was on every guitar with two pickups like that
when you put the selector in between you have this "phase stuff".

> Well, I installed GX_Head. Give me hardware any day, although sadly my
> amp is off being repaired, not that it would have helped in this
> instance.
>
> I've fiddled around for several hours, including sort of learning the
> solo. Listen at your own risk and beware, extremely crappy playing
> ahead! It's not even necessarily all the right notes, let alone in the
> correct order. This is about the nearest I can be bothered getting,
> both
> note wise and tonally. It's played on three different guitars with
> different pickup configurations:
>
> www.quirq.ukfsn.org/BoRap.ogg

I would say I prefer the second guitar.
What is it? And what are the others? How do you record?
what soundcard/preamp/amp?

> This is your file played through the same Guitarix setup:
>
> www.quirq.ukfsn.org/Clear_GXH.ogg
>
> I don't know whether this is close enough to the sound you're after.
> If it's anywhere near, I can let you have the settings.

It is! Send the settings! :-)

Thanks for your help, I will make a wonderful solo for my
first production and post a link on the list if the lyrics
are not too, well, not too. :-)
I need to finish this "analog virtual drum" first. And then
on for some music.

Thanks!
Cédric