Re: [LAU] Introduction to Ardour 3.0 MIDI

From: Dan Capp <reflectremain@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun Mar 27 2011 - 22:37:17 EEST

Thanks for putting together this great video. Really useful for me as I've
just started experimenting with Ardour 3.0 in order to keep my MIDI use as
barebones as possible and not have to open Rosegarden (as great a tool as it
is). The use of A2J and velocity control where particularly useful bits of
info for me. I do have a question or two which aren't strictly Ardour 3.0
related but are pertinent to your tutorial:

1) I watched in envy as you ran A2J and plugins, alongside Ardour, and that
xrun counter stayed green. When I try and do the same, I get one-off xruns
upon A2J command and then again when trying to load plugins. Any idea why? I
don't think it's related to buffer size as I don't get continuous xruns (or
any at all) after loading the session - only on loading of apps. I'm a
perfectionist and even though those one-off xruns probably won't affect my
ability to record sound, their presence annoys me.

2) Your QJackCtl Session seemed to save and then load A2J seamlessly. When I
save a session which includes A2J, that session doesn't include A2J again
when loaded. Any ideas?

- Dan