Re: [LAU] Music made with Linux: A Change of Heart, cover of El Perro Del Mars Original song

From: Philipp Überbacher <hollunder@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed Mar 30 2011 - 03:02:46 EEST

Excerpts from Gabbe Nord's message of 2011-03-22 09:52:44 +0100:
> Hello!
>
> This song was recorded late last year, and was the first full-length song i
> mixed/recorded. It's a pretty innovative (meaning not really similar to the
> original) cover of El Perro Del Mars - Change of Heart.
>
> All of the recording/mixing was made with Ardour and the Calf-git plugin
> pack + some various plugins.
> The video to the song was made with Cinelerra, ProjectM+glc and GIMP.
> *
> Youtube-link <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsJMAnnu-1Q>
> MP3 <http://www.tentenmedia.nu/?page_id=5> **(availible on the page)
> *
> Both video and music is among the first things I've ever produced using
> respective software, so bear with me for some minor errors ;).
> Please let me know what you think! And if you like the song, please do
> spread it! =)
>
> Regards!

Hey Gabbe,
I just want to say that I really like that song.
I first thought that I'm not completely happy about the singers style,
but it grew on me in a way (this was mostly about phrases she cut
short). So far it's definitely one of my favorites out of all of the
song I got to hear on this list, and I dare say that it's my favorite in
what I'd call the singer/songwriter category. Too bad it's a cover.. but
it's definitely better than the original. The video is not so special to
me, but it's not central imho. Anyway, thanks a lot, it's a really
enjoyable song.