Re: [LAU] xrun problems. (Was Re: Introduction to Ardour 3.0 MIDI)

From: Dan Capp <reflectremain@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 31 2011 - 01:09:42 EEST

Thanks Paul. I think it may be one of those things that's just down to
hardware intricacies.

And thanks Hartmut. Lots of good info for me to look into. I've tried
various distros (I'm on KXStudio currently and it's the best so far). I just
tried a live-DVD of Puredyne (got more xruns than KX) and I'm downloading AV
Linux to give it a go. But I'll also investigate some of the more technical
recommendations you gave.

It's only because I have some kind of perfectionist/purist/OCD thing that I
care about these xruns. They don't (so far) happen during use, only when
but I love when operations are smooth and neat.

-Dan