Re: [LAU] LAM: Best of 2010 mix - Now online!

From: Q <lists@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 31 2011 - 11:39:21 EEST

Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> From the "Better Late than Never Dept"...
>
> Announcing the _*Linux Audio Musicians Best of 2010 mix*_
>
> Download and view the full playlist of 116 tracks here:
>
> http://djcj.org/audio/lam/
>
> Listen to the continuous radio stream here:
>
> http://radio.linuxaudio.org/lam2010.ogg.m3u

> Congratulations!!! to the Artists and Bands that made 2010 a bumper year
> for well produced and unique music from the Linux Audio Community. This
> mix is the biggest yet with over 100 tracks included and over 12 hours
> of music to listen to. A hefty selection of guitar music and rock
> productions are included in this years mix to complement the large range
> of electronica. The variation of styles and genres is superb and as
> expected there was lots of off the wall and challenging music produced
> during the 2010 period also.
>
> The playlist has been ordered in terms of Genre/Style to make it easier
> to separate the tracks out for those with specific tastes and to ensure
> the radio stream flows nicely.
>
> If you feel that there is a track missing please feel free to contact me
> with details. This is a snapshot of the year so lets make it as complete
> as possible.
>

> Enjoy!

Hi Patrick

Many thanks for all your hard work putting this together.

Just a couple of points: you seem to have my piece Lovatnet (Parts 1-4)
down twice (with a slightly different filename for one), in both 2009
and 2010 -- it really doesn't belong on last year's list as I posted it
in '09 and didn't do any work on it last year. I suppose I shouldn't
complain really :D but it doesn't seem fair when there's so much other
(better) music out there.

Secondly, my music is progressive rock, not electronica. The vanilla
"rock" category would be fine although you had a separate prog section
for the 2009 list.

Cheers

Q (aka Quirq)