Re: [LAU] LAM: Best of 2010 mix - Now online!

From: Patrick Shirkey <pshirkey@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 31 2011 - 16:37:18 EEST

On 03/31/2011 07:39 PM, Q wrote:
> Patrick Shirkey wrote:
>> From the "Better Late than Never Dept"...
>>
>> Announcing the _*Linux Audio Musicians Best of 2010 mix*_
>>
>> Download and view the full playlist of 116 tracks here:
>>
>> http://djcj.org/audio/lam/
>>
>> Listen to the continuous radio stream here:
>>
>> http://radio.linuxaudio.org/lam2010.ogg.m3u

>> Congratulations!!! to the Artists and Bands that made 2010 a bumper
>> year for well produced and unique music from the Linux Audio
>> Community. This mix is the biggest yet with over 100 tracks included
>> and over 12 hours of music to listen to. A hefty selection of guitar
>> music and rock productions are included in this years mix to
>> complement the large range of electronica. The variation of styles
>> and genres is superb and as expected there was lots of off the wall
>> and challenging music produced during the 2010 period also.
>>
>> The playlist has been ordered in terms of Genre/Style to make it
>> easier to separate the tracks out for those with specific tastes and
>> to ensure the radio stream flows nicely.
>>
>> If you feel that there is a track missing please feel free to contact
>> me with details. This is a snapshot of the year so lets make it as
>> complete as possible.
>>

>> Enjoy!

> Hi Patrick
>
> Many thanks for all your hard work putting this together.
>
> Just a couple of points: you seem to have my piece Lovatnet (Parts
> 1-4) down twice (with a slightly different filename for one), in both
> 2009 and 2010 -- it really doesn't belong on last year's list as I
> posted it in '09 and didn't do any work on it last year. I suppose I
> shouldn't complain really :D but it doesn't seem fair when there's so
> much other (better) music out there.
>
> Secondly, my music is progressive rock, not electronica. The vanilla
> "rock" category would be fine although you had a separate prog section
> for the 2009 list.

Good point thanks for spotting it. Removed now. I guess I must like that
track to include it two years in a row ;-)

I have changed the title for the section to Electro/Progressive Rock as
that and the other Prog Rock tracks seem to fit the mood/flow there
better than in the Rock section. Also I kind of like the comparison that
it makes between Progressive Rock and Electro. There is a lot of cross
over which is a nice juxtaposition for me while listening. Breaks things
up a little and gives the listener something to think about :-)

Cheers.

--
Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd.