Re: [LAU] xrun problems. (Was Re: Introduction to Ardour 3.0 MIDI)

From: Diego Simak <diego.simak@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Thu Mar 31 2011 - 16:06:25 EEST

2011/3/31 david <gnome@email-addr-hidden>:
> I have a UCA202, also. Make sure it's the *only* device attached to whatever
> USB controller you've hooked it to. USB sucks when multiple devices share a
> controller! On my setup, it wouldn't work correctly at all until I put it on
> its own USB port.

I have used a mouse with another USB port, don't really know if it
uses the same controller, but good to know that.

> On my laptop, even with the wireless antenna turned off, the wireless driver
> period pops up and scans for networks. Of course, it finds none, but while
> it's interacting with the wireless hardware, it causes xruns. IIRC, some
> folk on the list said to blacklist the wireless module so it doesn't even
> get loaded?

I'm using Gnome what I'm doing is todeselect the "Enable Networking"
in the nm-applet and also turn off the wireless RF.
I still need to learn more about the usb audio i/f and see if the wifi
device support MSi that would help as was said before.

> I've also heard that the binary NVidia drivers do not cooperate with RT
> work.

I have a ATI Radeon driver installed, I will try to remove this driver
and see how it works.

> I've glad you were able to make a Pengutronix kernel work. I couldn't make
> their kernel work at all. So far, the RT kernel in Aptosid seems to be
> working very well on my desktop PC, so I'm planning to try it on my laptop.

I just followed the instructions described here:

http://www.pengutronix.de/software/linux-rt/debian_en.html
What's the Aptosid RT kernel version?

Thank you very much.
Diego