Re: [LAU] yoshimi 0.060.8

From: James Morris <jwm.art.net@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Apr 05 2011 - 07:39:38 EEST

On 4 April 2011 23:32, Jeremy Henty <onepoint@email-addr-hidden> wrote:

> I like  to script  all my  builds (it saves  time remembering  what on
> earth I did 6 months later) so I added
>
>    -DCMAKE_C_FLAGS:STRING=-march=athlon-4 \
>    -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS:STRING=-march=athlon-4 \
>
> to the  cmake line  - and  it worked!  (I  don't know  if I  need both
> flags, I may experiment more later.)

This seems slightly peculiar to me. I would have thought what with
running LFS, you specify all the compiler flags near the start of the
system build? Or is/does/should cmake not pick(ing) up variables from
the environment? Otherwise you'll end up having to do the same for
many applications.

(from very limited experience with DIY Linux and Gentoo).

James.