Re: [LAU] yoshimi 0.060.8

From: Jeremy Henty <onepoint@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Apr 05 2011 - 09:43:57 EEST

James Morris wrote:
> On 4 April 2011 23:32, Jeremy Henty <onepoint@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
>
> > I like to script all my builds (it saves time remembering what on
> > earth I did 6 months later) so I added
> >
> > -DCMAKE_C_FLAGS:STRING=-march=athlon-4 \
> > -DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS:STRING=-march=athlon-4 \
> >
> > to the cmake line - and it worked! (I don't know if I need both
> > flags, I may experiment more later.)
> >

> This seems slightly peculiar to me. I would have thought what with
> running LFS, you specify all the compiler flags near the start of
> the system build? Or is/does/should cmake not pick(ing) up variables
> from the environment? Otherwise you'll end up having to do the same
> for many applications.

This is the first time I have needed to set -march, despite having
compiled (literally) hundreds of applications from source. There's
clearly something specific to yoshimi that is triggering this, though
it is possible that there is something very subtly broken with my gcc
that only this build has shown up. Incidentally, I compared the
CMakeCacheList.txt of the two builds and they were very different. It
looks as though more has changed under the hood than I imagined.

Thanks again,

Jeremy Henty