Re: [LAU] Editing zynadsuxfx/yoshimi patches?

From: Jostein Chr. Andersen <jostein@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat Apr 16 2011 - 14:20:29 EEST

On Saturday 16 April 2011 10.57.46 Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hello Cal!
> I'm "quite" sure he meant in general just editing, manipulate as in
> change. I suppose I'm as interested as Massy in such an editor. Console
> apps preferred. :-)

I'm currently writing a small collections of command line applications (thanks
goes to rosea.grammostola for making me doing it) named AutoSFZ where the main
app generates SFZ files from samples found in a folder structure. This is
because I need to make Natural Drum Kit and a few other samples ready for the
CVS version of Linuxsampler.

What should I think about when doing this with blind people in mind? Is it
enough when the application just do the job when receiving command line
parameters in order to do the job? Will for example a status message that
prints out "Processing sample 16253 of 23957 samples..." to the same line
during the processing make trouble for you? Will an ordinary man page and
program usage info with the parameter --help work or is it better with HTML
documentation or clean text?

What is best in your and S. Massy's world and what is "good enoght"?

Jostein