Re: [LAU] Editing zynadsuxfx/yoshimi patches?

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de>
Date: Sat Apr 16 2011 - 14:27:49 EEST

Hello Jostein1
   first of all thanks a lot! This is really very good of you!
   To answer your questions: commandline options are good enough. If you're
thinking of anything interactive, a shell interface usually is the easiest. I
suspect not only to use, but to program.
   A normal man page and --help option are marvellous! The status line you
described will work nicely.
   On ethought: If you encounter errors in the process, it would be good to
give a short summary at the end about that. Because even if you let the lines
stay on the screen, there might be a lot of output and so it might be dificult
to find erros messages. Also I suspect errors might pass to quickly to be
read.
   Another thing; If you do normal output, so no special ncurses involved, only
working from commandline optios, it might be nice to put ALL output to stdout,
so it might also be used to easily pipe to some pager or logged to a file.
   Again: Thanks a great deal, this could be a very valuable set of
applications. If you supply good commandline options (feature rich enough),
these apps might not only serve blind people, but also script writers.
   Warm regards
             Julien

--------

http://ltsb.sourceforge.net