Re: [LAU] SPDIF Interface? [Was Re: Recommended USB interface ...]

From: Arnold Krille <arnold@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon May 02 2011 - 00:15:28 EEST

On Sunday 01 May 2011 22:25:42 Ivan K wrote:
> How about the Denecke AD-20? Two XLR inputs
> with preamp that plug right into the an S/PDIF.
> http://www.core-sound.com/inbox/1.php
> Does anyone know of other microphone preamps on the
> market that plug directly into the S/PDIF?

Samson has/had a single-channel tube pre-amp that outputs spdif (and has an
input to merge two of them into a stereo signal. I don't know about there
quality, given the price I don't expect too much. But at least they where good
enough so Behringer copied them...

And somewhere on my hdd I had link to a do-it-yourself pre-amplifier with
stereo xlr input and spdif-output. Doesn't seem to hard to built. The pre-amp
will be harder to get right.

Have fun,

Arnold