Re: [LAU] [Ardour] Offline export with OSC

From: Joe Hartley <jh@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue May 10 2011 - 18:14:48 EEST

On Tue, 10 May 2011 10:51:26 -0400
Paul Davis <paul@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> the data path during export is EXACTLY the same as during normal
> playback except for the conversion to an integer format. since
> metering occurs before this, the data the metering displays is
> IDENTICAL to the data that would be seen during normal playback.

It would seem to me that if the meters are checking their inputs
n times per second, then if an export is occurring and is running say
3 times faster than real time, there is the possibility that a peak
could happen at a moment that the input isn't being checked, and thus
the peak levels could be reported differently during export than in
real time. I wouldn't expect to see a huge difference in the reported
values, but I can see how this would happen.

Does this make any sense, or have I misunderstood how the meters
get their values?