Re: [LAU] linuxsampler on 64 bit Ubuntu

From: Lorenzo Sutton <lsutton@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sat May 14 2011 - 11:22:07 EEST

Hi Robinm

Robin Paulson wrote:
> i recently built a 64 bit Ubuntu studio machine, and am looking for 64
> bit packages - the Linux sampler home page only has 32 bit though.
> does anyone know where i might find a package, compiled either for
> Ubuntu or Debian?
I compiled it myself a couple of weeks ago on debian testing (wheezy for
posterity) amd64.
I followed some of the very well written suggestions on this page.
Especially the right order of compile/install:

http://sites.google.com/site/experimentalfrush/installed-apps/linuxsampler

One important point for me was to have jack1 packages not jack2. The
latter wouldn't be picked up by the ./configure script and in turn there
would be no jack.

I do have the generated .debs and would be happy to share them if you
like but I'm not sure they'd work on Ubuntu.

Lorenzo.