Re: [LAU] Live performance played, made, recorded, mixed and screenplayed with GNU/Linux

From: Aurelien <tyranorl@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon May 16 2011 - 11:21:09 EEST

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 10:08:56AM +0200, Jeremy Jongepier wrote :
> On 05/16/2011 09:52 AM, Aurelien wrote:
> > I've been trying this, honestly, I never could get a suitable "big
> > distorsion".
> > I'll give a new try, though.
> >
> > See you.
>
> Hello Aurelien,
>
> Maybe you could try guitarix/gx_head with external effects like
> linuxDSP's DT-1:
> http://www.linuxdsp.co.uk/download/lv2/download_guitar_fx/index.html

Actually, I'm looking for a real free software, and I found LinuxDSP not
really a free software (activation key and so on). If I do not find any
free software working, I can go on with X3.
(please note: I might pay to get some software, that's not the point,
but I do not like the way I'm obliged to to get an activation key).

> Also later versions of rakarrack contain improved Distortion/Overdrive
> effects like StompBox or Derelict.

Also tried without success.