Re: [LAU] [OT] 4-days lessons about recording, mixing and mastering under GNU/Linux

From: allcoms <allcoms@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon May 16 2011 - 11:23:05 EEST

Hi Aurelien!

I would argue you incorrectly tagged your last post OT, its about as
on-topic as anything anyones posted here I'd say! Your course sounds
great!

I've really enjoying checking out your bands vids- as has been
observed you are very much the French answer to Zappa/Bungle and the
like, both of which I and many of the list members are fans of- this
being a prog-heavy list :D

You're having bass lessons off Trevor Dunn?? Wha? Does he live in
France now or have you been flying out to the US especially or???

Disclaimer: This is a shameless plug for a friends defunct band!

This prog talk has got me thinking, I don't think I've ever plugged my
mates ol' band on here and I'm damn sure they're should go down a
storm with this list. They're called tRANSELEMENt and most of their
commercially available back catalogue is available for free on the
net. The main influences I hear within tE. include King Crimson, Early
Floyd/Genesis, Beach Boys, Sonic Youth and SFA or something like that.

I think the album to check out first is '_____' is Missing with my
personal fave tracks being 'Masters in Lunacy' and 'Life of Plants'
which do a good job of reflecting their guitar-heavy live sound
although they did lots of recordings that were difficult or impossible
to reproduce live which you'll here if you check out their stuff more
extensively.

http://transelement.bandcamp.com/

Hope you enjoy them as much as I do!