Re: [LAU] [OT] 4-days lessons about recording, mixing and mastering under GNU/Linux

From: Aurelien <tyranorl@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon May 16 2011 - 13:28:48 EEST

Hi!

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 09:23:05AM +0100, allcoms wrote :
> Hi Aurelien!
>
> I would argue you incorrectly tagged your last post OT, its about as
> on-topic as anything anyones posted here I'd say!

OK? let's say it's not so OT, then. But as it only was available for
people living in/near France....

> Your course sounds
> great!

Thanks.

> I've really enjoying checking out your bands vids- as has been
> observed you are very much the French answer to Zappa/Bungle and the
> like, both of which I and many of the list members are fans of- this
> being a prog-heavy list :D

Oh, really? That's cool, indeed. Anyway, thank you for the comment.

> You're having bass lessons off Trevor Dunn?? Wha? Does he live in
> France now or have you been flying out to the US especially or???

Actually, he flight down to Europe for tours (he often comes to Europe,
with Fantômas, with Jim Black, with Krakauer, and so on, I would say
he used to be around there every 3 or 4 monthes), and we worked at those
occasions.

> Disclaimer: This is a shameless plug for a friends defunct band!

I will check it out! (by the way, got to checkout that bandcamp thing
too).

> This prog talk has got me thinking, I don't think I've ever plugged my
> mates ol' band on here and I'm damn sure they're should go down a
> storm with this list. They're called tRANSELEMENt and most of their
> commercially available back catalogue is available for free on the
> net. The main influences I hear within tE. include King Crimson, Early
> Floyd/Genesis, Beach Boys, Sonic Youth and SFA or something like that.
>
> I think the album to check out first is '_____' is Missing with my
> personal fave tracks being 'Masters in Lunacy' and 'Life of Plants'
> which do a good job of reflecting their guitar-heavy live sound
> although they did lots of recordings that were difficult or impossible
> to reproduce live which you'll here if you check out their stuff more
> extensively.
>
> http://transelement.bandcamp.com/
>
> Hope you enjoy them as much as I do!
>
> 2011/5/16 Aurelien <tyranorl@email-addr-hidden>:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Sorry for those who are not french, or at least in France, but I think
> > it might interest some of you.
> > I will be teaching a 4-days lesson about recording, mixing and mastering
> > under GNU/Linux in the "Institut Technique Européen des Métiers de la
> > Musique" (ITEMM) in Le Mans, France, from June, 6th to June, 9th.
> > See: http://itemm.fr/site2/index.php?pp=5042 (in french)
> > In french, then:
> > Les frais de formation peuvent être pris en charge par votre employeur
> > ou l'organisme de cotisation auquel votre employeur est inscrit. Le
> > stage ne devrait normalement rien vous coûter. L'ITEMM peut se charger
> > des démarches adminsitratives à ce niveau. Ils peuvent également vous
> > trouver un hébergement, etc.
> > Contacter : formation.continue@email-addr-hidden ou 02 43 39 39 00 et demander
> > Anne-Lyse Weber.
> >
> > That's it.