Re: [LAU] BCF2000 & PulseAudio

From: Rafal Zawadzki <bluszcz@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon May 16 2011 - 11:57:21 EEST

I am not sure how Mandriva works,

but it looks like that there is passed some parameter during loading
module.

As you worte, before upgrade it used to works. Probably during upgrade the
ids of devices changes.

Try to grep -r 'device_id' /etc/ if it exists somewhere, and adjusts it /
remove.

On Sun, 15 May 2011 20:49:04 -0700, Kevin Cosgrove <kevinc@email-addr-hidden>
wrote:
> I'm trying to get my BCF2000 control surface working with Ardour
> again. It worked fine before I upgraded to Mandriva 2010.1 (which
> subsequently upgraded itself to Mandriva 2010.2). I suspect that
> PulseAudio is involved, based on my /var/log/messages output, below
>
> kernel: usb 5-1: new full speed USB device using uhci_hcd and address 3
> kernel: usb 5-1: New USB device found, idVendor=1397, idProduct=00bc
> kernel: usb 5-1: New USB device strings: Mfr=1, Product=2,
SerialNumber=0
> kernel: usb 5-1: Product: BCF2000
> kernel: usb 5-1: Manufacturer: BEHRINGER
> pulseaudio[6456]: module-alsa-card.c: Failed to find a working profile.
> pulseaudio[6456]: module.c: Failed to load module "module-alsa-card" \
> (argument: "device_id="3" name="usb-BEHRINGER_BCF2000-00-BCF2000" \
> card_name="alsa_card.usb-BEHRINGER_BCF2000-00-BCF2000" tsched=yes \
> ignore_dB=no card_properties="module-udev-detect.discovered=1""): \
> initialization failed.
>
> Other than my control surface, Ardour 2.8.11 (compiled locally)
> works just fine.
>
> I searched the web for things like the above message. I found
> one bug for the "failed to find a working profile" in the
> PulseAudio website. That's related to a ThinkPad. I looked
> around the PulseAudio website for how to create a profile, and
> didn't find anything directly useful. Most of what I found was
> about 2 years old and recommended ways to remove PulseAudio from
> one's system.
>
> I did find out how to create one PulseAudio profile at this URL:
>
> http://www.pclinuxos.com/forum/index.php?topic=75147.0
>
> PCLinuxOS is based on Mandriva, so I'm hopeful that this sort of
> recipe might work for the BCF2000. But, it looks like the heart
> of getting PulseAudio to work with JACK were the
>
> "load-module module -jack-*"
>
> lines in the .pa file. I don't know what to use for my control
> surface. I suspect, without evidence, that if I could create the
> correct .pa file with the correct module loading command(s), then
> this thing might work. But, I don't know what module(s) to try,
> nor even the right name for the .pa file.
>
> Anyone know how to configure a BCF2000 control surface to work
> with PulseAudio?
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks....
>
> --
> Kevin

Rafal bluszcz Zawadzki
 Django / Plone / Python / dub / drum&bass
 http://dev.bluszcz.net/tech-blog
 http://soundcloud.com/bluszcz