[LAU] Off topic: building drum triggers for acoustic drums !

From: Svend-Erik K Madsen <sv-e@email-addr-hidden-e.dk>
Date: Tue May 17 2011 - 11:41:57 EEST

Hi list

Anyone who has build drum triggers themselves ?

I just ordered some piezo transducers to build my own triggers, but your
experiences is most welcome regarding material used to encapsulate
transducers, rubber, foam rubber, how thick the size, and so on.

I planned to build it up on some angel bracket inside the drum shell and
mount it on a lug screw so that the trigger will be placed underneath
the drumhead near the rim, don't know if thats good or bad, and if a rim
shoot would trigger too, of cause I don't want that to happen on my
snare, for which I plan to build a separate rim shoot trigger too.

Hope someone will share their experiences :)

/Sv-e