Re: [LAU] Reduce or increase number of samples with LADSPA plugin

From: Thorsten Wilms <t_w_@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun May 22 2011 - 19:15:03 EEST

On 05/22/2011 05:47 PM, Thor Andreassen wrote:
> Sorry, I should have been more verbose in my request. It is not
> resampling per se that I am after, I want to be able to write a plugin
> that can emit a reduced signal after analysis. One application I'm
> aiming for is to create compressed views of long signals.

So you want to put out fewer samples than go in?

LADSPA is built for realtime-use, with the expectation of the same
number of samples going in and out in a time frame.

You could fill a buffer and have some trigger to put out the reduced
buffer content, but you would have to fill the rest of the time with
silence.

--
Thorsten Wilms
thorwil's design for free software: