Re: [LAU] Reduce or increase number of samples with LADSPA plugin

From: Thor Andreassen <ta@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Sun May 22 2011 - 21:55:51 EEST

On Sun, May 22, 2011 at 06:15:03PM +0200, Thorsten Wilms wrote:
> On 05/22/2011 05:47 PM, Thor Andreassen wrote:
> >Sorry, I should have been more verbose in my request. It is not
> >resampling per se that I am after, I want to be able to write a plugin
> >that can emit a reduced signal after analysis. One application I'm
> >aiming for is to create compressed views of long signals.
>
> So you want to put out fewer samples than go in?

Yes.

> LADSPA is built for realtime-use, with the expectation of the same
> number of samples going in and out in a time frame.

So I'll look at a different solution.

> You could fill a buffer and have some trigger to put out the reduced
> buffer content, but you would have to fill the rest of the time with
> silence.

This would work, but for the applications I intend to use it [*], the
reduction of data travelling down the pipeline is important.

Thank you for your suggestion.

[*] There are several, and probably more to come. The ones I'm looking
into now are realtime plotting of multichannel ultrasonic signals, with
reduction of datasize, but without losing activity. And creating
compressed views of many hours of recordings, again without activity
getting lost.

--
best regards
Thor Andreassen