Re: [LAU] Cracking sound via USB (ALSA urb.c:480: frame 5 active: -18)

From: Brian Bergstrom <boilingbergstrom@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed May 25 2011 - 17:45:25 EEST

Yeah, I'm not convinced are issues are the same, though they seem
related. From reading your posts your crackling was happening on a
timed interval, where as mine is more of a random static.

I have a laptop as well, but it is going on 5 years old, and this
problem is new since kernels .33+. I don't think I have this new USB
bus/hub that you are talking about.

That said, doing 2.6.39 with rtirq and nokms is the only way to solve it
in my case. That or use a really old release of a distro, which gives
me other issues non audio related.

-BB