Re: [LAU] Cracking sound via USB (ALSA urb.c:480: frame 5 active: -18)

From: Aurélien Leblond <blablack@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Wed May 25 2011 - 18:03:53 EEST

> Yeah, I'm not convinced are issues are the same, though they seem
> related. From reading your posts your crackling was happening on a
> timed interval, where as mine is more of a random static.

Nope, it is random static. And it is not continuous either... I would
get it for only few seconds every now and then.

> I have a laptop as well, but it is going on 5 years old, and this
> problem is new since kernels .33+. I don't think I have this new USB
> bus/hub that you are talking about.
> That said, doing 2.6.39 with rtirq and nokms is the only way to solve it
> in my case. That or use a really old release of a distro, which gives
> me other issues non audio related.
Is your graphic card a Radeon?
I have found another post about someone mentionning KMS, issue with
USB soundcards on recent Kernel and Radeon graphic card.
I wonder if these 3 things might be related?