Re: [LAU] Zoom H4n as interface / no duplex

From: acousmetre <acousmetre@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Mon Jun 06 2011 - 15:15:35 EEST

some more info:

Perhaps it is a jack problem. Using OSS and testing with pd there is
full duplex in the H4n with the following:

pd -audioindev 2 -audiooutdev 2 -verbose -r 48000

although there is an error message printed in pd:

iain@email-addr-hidden:~$ pd -audioindev 2 -audiooutdev 2 -verbose -r 48000 -stderr
&
[1] 8076
iain@email-addr-hidden:~$ Pd version 0.42-5
compiled 09:04:06 Jan 5 2010
port 5401
TCL_LIBRARY="/usr/lib/pd/tcl/library"
TK_LIBRARY="/usr/lib/pd/tk/library"
"/usr/lib/pd/bin/pd-gui" 5401
Waiting for connection request...
... connected
opened 0 MIDI input device(s) and 0 MIDI output device(s).
input channels = 2, output channels = 2
opened /dev/dsp1 for reading and writing

setchan 2
channels originally 1 for /dev/dsp1
opened audio output on /dev/dsp1; got 2 channels
setting nfrags = 8, fragsize 1024

audiobuffer set to 50 msec
OSS: requested audio buffer size 9600 limited to 8192
already opened it
setchan 2
error: OSS: SOUND_DSP_READ_CHANNELS failed /dev/dsp1
opened audio input device /dev/dsp1; got 2 channels
OSS: issuing first ADC 'read' ... ...done.

Anyway - it's promising that it works in duplex

Cheers,

Iain