Re: [LAU] A3 video prev: syncing partially out of sync video and audio in existing files

From: Alexandre Prokoudine <alexandre.prokoudine@email-addr-hidden>
Date: Tue Jun 14 2011 - 00:16:23 EEST

On Sat, Jun 11, 2011 at 11:26 AM, pshirkey wrote:

> It's been this way for years and by now they should have realised that
> being successful at desktop Linux means supporting multimedia production
> tools. Apple realised this long ago with Garage band, iphoto, imovie,
> etc...

Which is why Canonical is "bitching" about quality of F-Spot, PiTiVi etc.

> I wouldn't be at all surprised if Microsoft and Avid were paying people to
> sabotage the major distros. They surely see Linux multimedia production
> tools as a significant threat by now.

Yes, all those developers are fragmenting efforts to work on their little fancy
never-to-mature tools at the cost of socialization simply because they are
paid by evil proprietary companies. They are all billionaires in disguise,
dontcherknow.

> With more unified distribution from the major distros that will significantly
> increase the user base and the potential for funding of major development
> efforts to close the remaining gaps.

It's truly amazing how aforementioned Avid software became popular without
ever being part of Windows -- the most major distro on Earth. There's
something fishy about that as well, right? :)

> If it's not that then the only option left is incompetence on the part of
> the major distro's and the people they pay or choose not to pay to look
> after this stuff.

> But as it really doesn't take much effort on the part of Avid and Microsoft
> to get to those people and they can print cash to facilitate their agenda

There kinda exist laws against arbitrary printing of cash by anyone who isn't
government. DoJ comes down like a ton of rectangular building things on
anyone who attempts to do a better job than government at it. Fancy you not
knowing that :)

Alexandre Prokoudine
http://libregraphicsworld.org