Re: [LAU] RME analog out of phase to ADAT connected Behringer analog out

From: Ralf Mardorf <ralf.mardorf@email-addr-hidden-dsl.net>
Date: Tue Jun 14 2011 - 16:50:55 EEST

On Tue, 2011-06-14 at 15:23 +0200, Cedric Roux wrote:
> ----- "Paul Davis" <paul@email-addr-hidden> wrote:
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYTlN6wjcvQ
> >
> > (a video that anyone with any pretensions to being an audio engineer
> > needs to watch, assuming they can listen to english).
>
> I liked the very end, about adding an EQ to a (as far as I understood)
> cheap microphone and get the same sound than a more expensive one.
> Funny.
> (I don't claim expensive mikes are useless, it's all about noise
> at this point I guess, for what I understand about this business...)
> Anyway, thanks for this link, it was very instructive.

I worked for Brauner development. You can't replace a Neumann, Brauner,
Schoeps etc. by a cheap microphone and an EQ. get a Haun capsule or
similar and build a less expensive microphone yourself. I don't have a
good microphone myself. Regarding to the music and recordings you do,
you don't need a good microphone, but as soon as you'll record more than
just your Rock'n'roll vocals by Shure classic sound you need a good =
expensive microphone. An EQ only can readjust what is existing, but just
is too silent or too loud. You can't readjust response characteristic,
directional characteristic, missing frequencies.