Re: [LAU] Text-based sound visualisation?

From: Julien Claassen <julien@email-addr-hidden-lab.de>
Date: Wed Jun 22 2011 - 01:56:09 EEST

Hello Masy!
   I could see something, which wouldn't be realtime, but perhaps workable. You
might operate with 200 bands and then finally print the bands, that had
clipping, very loud peaks or something of the sort. I think it could be done.
You analyse, log each of the volumes in one variable, incrementing it, when
necessary and then you compare them and print out the 10 highest bands.
Probably the criterion should be more like: print all above xDB. Or xDB above
average. Nevger having used something like it, I wouldn't know by what to go.
Well I think a good deal of users might not know the citerion behind it, but
just pick the peaks out.
   I thik that JaMin had a sort of wave-display for its multiband EQ. Ithink -
especially if working non-rt - this might be a good way to show a multiband
analysis. Work with colour codes probably. I suppose the output of
songanalysis (frequency: volume) is quite good for an analysis, if you want to
find quite exact spots of interest.
   Kindest regards
            Julien

--------